What’s better than a popsicle on a hot day? A boozsicle!
Alright ladies and gents, it took several attempts to create a recipe for Fourth of July alcohol popsicles that wouldn’t fall apart, tasted good and were worth your time to make this holiday, but I finally found it. Here’s the red white and blue independence day alcohol popsicle recipe you’ve been waiting for!
Note: these icy suckers are the Bruce Li of popsicles; they’re small in stature but pack a powerful punch. Feel free to decrease the amount of alcohol in each layer–but don’t add more or it won’t freeze!
Check out the recipe below to find out how to get your Independence Day buzz on….
Red White and Boozsicle Recipe
White grape juice
Cream of coconut
Wooden popsicle sticks
1. In a food processor or blender, mix about 1.5 cups frozen strawberries with 1.5 shot clear rum, 1 tsp sugar and 2 tablespoon water. Fill dixie cups 1/3 full with mixture and leave in freezer for 30 minutes.
2. Insert popsicle stick into center of semi-frozen first layer before adding second layer.
3. Mix 3 parts cream of coconut with 3 parts water and 1 part clear rum. Use a shot glass to measure out parts. Pour atop atop red strawberry layer (leaving room for the final layer) and put back in freezer for 30 minutes.
4. Mix 1 part blue curacao to 2 parts white grape juice. Put in freezer for 30 minutes or until entire popsicle is frozen.
5. Remove from freeze, cut and peel away dixie cups to reveal boozsicles and enjoy immediately!