You wake up with blood shot eyes, a pounding head…and a full day ahead of you. Instead of wasting time cursing yourself for that last round of shots, it’s time to pop some Ibuprofen and snap into action. Dewy, fresh skin is possible after a late night of over-imbibing, if you know what products to use. Commence Operation Hangover Makeover!
Wipe off your smoky eyes from last night. This morning is the time to go for the opposite look: fresh-faced ingenue so sweet and innocent no one will ever suspect you were dancing till last call.
Prep. Start with basic facial rehab
- Eyedrops to remove the telltale red tint
- Revitalizing Deep cleansing facial treatment–I find Dr Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel Pads particularly effective after a night little sleep and lots of booze
- Super hydrating, calming moisturizer, like AmorePacific Future Response Age Defense Cream to make your groggy skin glow
- Brightening, anti-inflammatory eye cream to soothe those sleep deprived puffy peepers like the incredible Murad Instant Radiance Eye Cream
- Your go-to foundation and bronzer to create a flawless palette
3. Make Tired Peepers Pop with black liner & mascara
A pink blush can revive girlish vim even if you’ve partied with too much vigor. Stila’s Custom Color Blush in Sheer Pink is a modern marvel: the self-adjusting color responds to your unique pH to create your perfect shade. Stick with pouty feminine pinks on your lips. I’m a big fan of Shine Automatique Hydrating Lip Shine collection (which applies somewhere between a gloss and a lipstick) by Guerlain in 262-Extrait de Rose, a seemingly fuchsia hue that goes on semi-sheer to create a flattering, lip-bitten flush.
5. Highlight to create radiant, well-rested-looking skin
You can glow like a celebrity, even after a night of partying like a rockstar. The piece-de-resistance for achieving luminescent skin is highlighter. Dust a multi-dimensional, shimmering highlighter, like MAC Skinfinish in Lightscapade across the top of your cheek bones, making a sideways u-shape around the side of each eye, starting at the atop the cheekbone and ending beside the brow bone. Then, add a touch of highlighter down the nose. Switch to a small eyeshadow brush to sweep the highlighter just under the brow and in the inner corner of the eye.
Finish your look by misting it with a hydrating, water-based spray like the straight-forward and highly effective Evian Mineral Water Spray (opt for the uber convenient To Go size, which is small enough to slip in your purse and take through airport security, for touch ups on the move). Not only does the spray set the look, but it moisturizes skin, absorbs oil, and gives makeup a natural, dewy finish. No one will believe you closed the bar when you look this lovely.
Extra: Wear a flattering color close to your face for instant brightening
Whether a necklace or a tee, find a color that truly flatters your skin tone; light will refract the color back onto your face, creating an energized glow. The J.Crew neon coral rose necklace I’m wearing above instantly brightens my face. It’s better than a facial…or a full night sleep!